October was a lovely month. The weather cooled off and we even got a few days of rain. I’ve spent some money on winter clothing for my daughter, and soon it will be my turn. I just need to plan ahead because clothes shopping with a small child nearly kills me every time I try. We went trick-or-treating on Halloween with Grandpa and Auntie and had a lot of fun. The next day we went to the zoo and got to see about a third of it before our small child pooped out and started melting down. We’ve just been spending more time as a family and everyone is happier for it.
I can’t believe we’re near the end of 2016. The presidential election has finally passed and we can move on. My plans for the next few years wouldn’t have changed — pay off debt so we can have more kids and move somewhere less expensive!
Work has kept me incredibly busy. I hit my first personal record on Monday: 472 transcript pages due and turned in in one day! I still have 70 more pages, but thankfully they’re not due for another week. After a string of late nights (and the time change is not helping) I’m taking it easy and focusing on my long-term work-related goals. Today, in fact, I will be reaching out and deciding once and for all whether I’m going through with certain pursuits.
What do the holidays hold in store as of now? Lots of studying. But I will make sure to have baking days, ice skating days, and Christmas craft/gift days any chance I get!
- Priority: Start each day off with the Lord and remember that my life, my soul, and my loved ones depend on it. Wake up early; begin day in the Word and in prayer; and use extra alone-time to work out, shower, and start breakfast before the little wakes up. :: The hubs and I started weekly biblical marriage counseling last month. Through this I have been reading and studying different passages at our counselor’s direction. It is all making such a wonderful difference in our life.
- Give more: Give more of my time, my money, my energy, and my heart to others. :: I enjoyed the opportunities I had to give this last month!
- Make our home a pleasant place to live in: Simplify by getting rid of unused items; efficiently organize what we keep; make what we have more comfortable; and creatively decorate on a budget. :: The dog ATE a couple of our pumpkins, so there are fewer of them now. I am barely managing to keep the house vacuumed once a week, but I am gearing up to revamp my spice cabinet, which will soon be a magnetic spice wall.
- Pay off debt: Put an end to our consumer debts and start chipping away at our student loan debt. :: We’re getting ready to pay off another card. It would be super awesome to have all our cards paid off by the end of the year. We COULD do it, but I don’t want to use up our safety cushion. We’ll see how big the next couple paychecks are.
- T-Tapp program: Therapeutically approach my fitness with T-Tapp, yoga, and daily walking. :: Even T-Tapp was starting to hurt my problem knee, so I’m doing 10 minutes of super easy yoga each day. I feel good, but I need to get to bed earlier.
- Overhaul wardrobe: Create a capsule wardrobe as nice as my budget will allow. :: Maybe this weekend I will ask the hubs to hold down the fort while I just go out and shop, shop, shop! Veterans Day sales!
- RPR: Plan to take the last RPR of 2016!
No idea what this actually looks like yet, but I will start planning soon.:: No more time to plan! It’s do or die! Stay posted — maybe by next month’s update I will have already taken it!