Well, February was no less crazy than January. The court reporting world is certainly busy, and the Lord has been gracious in providing a TON of work for me. The paychecks are slow in coming and we basically ran out of money last week, but the near future is looking a little more comfortable.
Moving out of state may have been put on hold for now. Transferring work in my field is proving to be an expensive, difficult, and high-risk endeavor for the state that is our top choice at the moment. If it isn’t feasible, we won’t move; we will wait until the hubby graduates, as we’ve planned, and use the next few years to set ourselves up more thoroughly for such a change. If that’s the case, we may start trying for another baby soon! We’re just waiting to see where the Lord puts us.
- Priority: Start each day off with the Lord and remember that my life, my soul, and my loved ones depend on it. Wake up early; begin day in the Word and in prayer; and use extra alone-time to work out, shower, and start breakfast before the little wakes up. :: “Alone-time”? “EXTRA alone-time”?? What was I thinking? This is still hit-and-miss, but I’ve been in some emotional pits that have driven me to my Bible and prayer journal at some point during the day if not first thing in the morning. Thankfully the lengthening days have made it a little easier to wake up early, although I’m still not ahead of my nearly-3-year-old’s anti-sleep schedule. Everything, and I mean everything, depends on me going to bed early. Really tough with a night-owl hubby.
- Give more: Give more of my time, my money, my energy, and my heart to others. :: I have tried giving more attention to whoever I interact with. Baby steps.
- Make our home a pleasant place to live in: Simplify by getting rid of unused items; efficiently organize what we keep; make what we have more comfortable; and creatively decorate on a budget. :: Cleaning out “stuff” is my Saturday project every week. It’s work, but its effect is pretty awesome.
- Pay off debt: Put an end to our consumer debts and start chipping away at our student loan debt. :: This last month was about survival. This next month will be about putting debt to death (debth? *snerk*), Lord willing.
- T-Tapp program: Therapeutically approach my fitness with T-Tapp, yoga, and daily walking. :: The more I T-Tapp, the more uncoordinated and out of alignment I feel. Is that normal? Unused muscles just getting used to being used?
- Overhaul wardrobe: Create a capsule wardrobe as nice as my budget will allow. :: The only clothing I’ve bought in the last month is a bridesmaid dress. A little bit of my next paycheck is definitely going towards a spring wardrobe.
- RPR: Plan to take the last RPR of 2016! No idea what this actually looks like yet, but I will start planning soon. :: I may not follow through on this because my money and energy might best be spent on other goals. Not sure yet.