Well, the year is halfway over. These last six months have been so different from the entire last six years. I am glad life has many changing seasons, even though they are never without some degree of difficulty.
Start a blog Hit the ground running with my court reporting career.:: For reasons unknown, I haven’t been getting enough work. When I do get it, it’s not good work — not enough to cover the bills, let alone my student loans repayment starting up in a couple weeks. Trying not to freak out…
- Pay off debt; namely, the credit cards, car payment, a contract we don’t use anymore, and (at least put a dent in) my school loans. :: Still hoping and praying the hubby finds a good full-time job SOON.
- Do the GAPS diet with my family. :: Not even an option right now.
Start an organic pot garden on our apartment patio.:: My herbs are doing well, but I lost my cilantro and I have no idea why.
- Grow my hair out long again. :: Can this endless awkward stage get any worse?
- Potty train our daughter. :: Had some regression here. She pees on the potty just fine — even sometimes by herself without telling me — but has reverted to pooping decidedly not on the potty.
- Print and frame several family pictures; send small prints to grandparents and family members. :: Nothing here this month.
- Stock up on earthquake emergency food, water, and supplies. Start out by filling up our empty containers with beans, rice, and other grains/seeds/legumes to store for a rainy day.
Purchase two 5-gallon water jugs to fill and store, switching out as needed to keep fresh.Have medicine and first aid supplies, sources of power and light, etc. :: Nothing here this month, either.
- Continue building physical strength and stamina. By the end of the year, I want to be strong enough to bust out 10 pull-ups from a dead hang and 50 push-ups. :: I started a 30-days-to-50-push-ups challenge that is working great! It is just the right balance between challenging and manageable, and it is effective. Hopefully by the next time I blog my progress, I’ll be able to reach my year’s goal of 50 full push-ups!
- Create art and music again. :: I picked up my ukulele a few times this month. I might actually make some “art” soon for a friend’s wedding gift.